I turned thirty last Thursday. It was kind of a weird sensation to enter a new decade. I wasn't really freaked out about entering my thirties but I did feel a loss at leaving my twenties.
My twenties were pretty good to me. During the last decade I brought three adorable boys into the world and they, mostly, make me very happy! My husband graduated from college and got a much better paying job. I got my driver's license in my twenties (I feel a little bit embarrassed by this one but there were reasons). We bought a house. I have learned A LOT of things in this last decade; how to run a household; how to budget (even though I don't always do it); some basic sewing, knitting and crocheting; I have learned more about my grandparents and developed a much closer relationship with them; I have started learning about the American Constitution and I have developed political opinions about the way this nation should and shouldn't be run (that may not sound like much but ten years ago, I didn't know or care about any of this because I hadn't been living in the U.S. since I was 10); I have done a lot of reading and I even got through Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, and loved it; I would like to think I have become a better and more patient wife and mother.
Anyway, I am going to keep moving forward! I am not even half as good as I want to be! I have so many goals for myself. I remember thinking 30 was getting up there in years but now that I am here, I know I am just getting started! I can't wait to see, 10 years from now, what I have to show for my 30's! To quote Robert Browning "the best is yet to be". Here's to being 30 :)
Clutter Rehab is back new and improved!
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment